Hello, welcome to the Bloodlust World of warcraft website. If you're a member already please click the login button below. If not please click the register button also located below.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, welcome to the Bloodlust World of warcraft website. If you're a member already please click the login button below. If not please click the register button also located below.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

GM Applicaton

whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

GM Applicaton Empty GM Applicaton

Post by whizkid8888 Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Hello, all.

1. What is your name and in game name? My real name is Lance Menard. My main character would be Whizkid8888, or just Whizkid.

2. how old are you? 15.

3. what could you bring to the server? Hard work, dedication, good grammar, helpfulness, and lots of experience.

4. why do you think you should be a GM on Blood-Lust gaming? As far as I can tell from your forums, you have a good thing going here, and I would like to support and prosper that.

5. past experience, if so what server? I ran my own server, ScourgeWoW (now defunct). I ran it off my computer for a few months, but then, I rented an Ubuntu Linux server from Limestone Networks, and got the server running on that for a few months, before the $100 a month became too much of a drain. In effect, I know how to set up and maintain the server and database, and I know pretty much all the GM commands by heart.

6. anything other you would like to share - I also know a bit of HTML, so I can edit, expand, and moderate websites. Very Happy

Thanks. I hope you give me due consideration.

Last edited by whizkid8888 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sunkiller
    sunkiller
    Owner

GM Applicaton Empty Re: GM Applicaton

Post by sunkiller Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm

ok man right now you seem like a good guy but i think that you are bullshitting me right now, so i am going to ask you some questions later and see how that works, but after i get he server running im going to quiz you, and man... this is mangos its custom commands.
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:18 pm

First of all, I am most certainly NOT 'bullshitting' you. Second, I have no problem with you asking me questions. Third and finally, all the commands are generally similar, and besides... I am a fast learner. Thanks for accepting me. Just tell me what you need done, if anything.
    Sama
    Sama
    Dev

GM Applicaton Empty Question

Post by Sama Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 am

Hello in case you haven't met me I'm Sama one of the GMs and designers for Blood Lust. I just would like to know how you found Blood Lust and this forums and what made you apply for the GM position on this server.
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:29 am

Nice to meet you. I found your server while looking around on xtremetop100.com. It was one of the only ones that said you were accepting GM applications, so I decided to check you out. When I looked around on your forums, I realized that your server seems to have a lot of potential, and I would like to help develop it. In addition, I have been looking for another GM job since my server went down the drain. Is that a sufficient answer?
    Sama
    Sama
    Dev

Post by Sama Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Yes simply curious. Thank you
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:04 pm

No problem.
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

I was wondering something... when you get the server running, who will have DB access? I am quite good at working with the database, and I know how to write SQL, so if you need someone who can help fix quests, items, etc., I can do that. Also, who will have what levels of GM powers?
    sunkiller
    sunkiller
    Owner

Post by sunkiller Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 pm

that would be me
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:06 pm

Alright... but I know from experience that it is helpful to have another person or two, because there is a lot to do for one person. I don't care if it is me or not, just think about it. xD
    sunkiller
    sunkiller
    Owner

Post by sunkiller Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am

umm some one els will have full DB access just incase i can not run it for a period of time, right now i think that it will be willow but i still have to tak to her, but the owners of realms will have there own DB to have and some people will have differant kinds of DB access, could you join us on vent please? i need to talk to you
    whizkid8888
    whizkid8888
    Beggar

Post by whizkid8888 Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 pm

I will, but I need to get my headset back from my friend first. I will let you know when I get it. And thanks.
    pwny
    pwny
    Gamemaster

Post by pwny Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 am

just hop on it and chat with sunkiller
    sunkiller
    sunkiller
    Owner

Post by sunkiller Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 am

ya that would be easy